Whangarei is justifiably the market leader for cruising yacht refits in New Zealand. In fact more than half the cruising yachts that arrive in New Zealand choose Whangarei as their re-fit destination.
The town is small enough not to be cursed by big town disadvantages such as gridlocked traffic or pollution but big enough to provide a cosmopolitan range of restaurants, bars and nightlife.
Whangarei boasts considerable advantages for refitting. Although only a very short flight from Auckland, land prices in Whangarei have remained reasonable so overheads are low, allowing our companies to remain highly competitive with other refit and new build destinations.
In addition to the world class refitting and repair facilities, our marine businesses have built some exceptional and innovative superyachts. Our craftspeople are in very high demand throughout New Zealand's superyacht industry.
Whangarei's reputation is enviable, not just for the quality of work undertaken, but also because Whangarei is a great place to live whilst the work is being completed.
Contact Heron Ship Repair Ltd. trading as Ship Repair NZ for more information: email@example.com
- Exceptional local beaches
- Handy to the Bay of Islands
- A good range of bars & restaurants
- Several golf clubs, heated pool, gyms
- Outstanding diving at the Poor Knights
- 2 hour drive or 30 minute flight to Auckland
- Work berths to 120m
- Undercover facilities to 60m
- A range of haulout facilities to 2,000t
- Exceptionally high quality craftsmanship
- Highly professional project management